Monday, July 20, 2009

Ho!Ho!Ho!

Sunday July 19 the kids and I went to Christmas in July at the sit down restaurant on post called Alaska Mining Company. I forswore this place several months ago as being to pricey and poor quality food, but D wanted to go badly and it gave her something to focus on and look forward to with Mr. K being on vacation in Turkey. He has my camera so the photo here is by the post photographer and the only one I have.

The food was your standard Thanksgiving/Christmas fair: ham, turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc. Why the cook had to put coconut in the peach cobbler is a mystery.

Santa wore shorts and gave each girl a small bag with a little stuffed gorilla dressed as an elf. He was weird even for a Santa so no way was I letting D sit on his lap and Izzy refused to go near him. When D said she wanted a puppy for Christmas he asked if she meant, bosintang and went on to clarify that it is "dog stew". I sincerely hope she understood it to be, "stew for dogs" and not "stew made of dog". I ask you what kind of Santa talks of eating puppies in front of an eight year old girl?

I made this dress from the Anna Wrap Dress pattern. And yes I had to bribe her to wear it. Izzy wore a matching one, but didn't want to take hers off even to sleep!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment